What SEEC Offers Local Governments
The Statewide Energy Efficiency Collaborative (SEEC) provides support to cities and counties to help them reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy. SEEC is an alliance between three statewide non-profit organizations and California’s four Investor-Owned Utilities. It builds upon the unique resources, expertise and local agency relationships of each partner.
SEEC provides the following at no cost:
- Education and tools for climate action planning and reducing energy use
- Opportunities for peer-to-peer networking
- Technical assistance and recognition for local agencies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, save energy and adopt policies and programs that promote sustainability.
To access the wealth of free resources on the SEEC website and attend trainings, just fill out a brief registration form.
By participating in SEEC, your city or county can receive free technical trainings and resources to undertake the following:
- Conduct a greenhouse gas emissions inventory for local government operations
- Conduct a community-wide greenhouse gas emissions inventory
- Create an emissions forecast and set GHG reduction targets
- Develop a climate action plan
- Select cost-effective, high-impact energy and climate initiatives for your plan
Access SEEC Trainings and Resources
Available at no-cost for all California Local Governments!
How You Can Benefit
Participating in SEEC offers many major advantages for local governments.